Thursday, 14 April 2011

Reset buttons - useful or not?

I've seen quite a few blogs posts lately complaining about the HTML Reset button. You know, the one that often sits beside the "Submit" button. I think everyone must have accidentally hit Reset at least once. So what's the use of it? Personally I have never seen a web form where a Reset button is necessary. And I have accidentally hit Reset many times - especially when it's placed in the position you normally find the Submit button.

This afternoon I wrote up a quick Google Chrome extension to hide all Reset buttons. Are you sick of accidentally clicking the wrong button? Try out the extension and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Buy an ipad said...

Nice one here! I really like your post because most of us including myself does not really know what's the real importance of reset button. Thanks for having this review!

Blogger said...

TeethNightGuard is offering personalized fitting and highest quality customized dental protectors.